Monday 14 November 2016

STORY FROM THE WOMEN MIRROR; LOOK FORWARD TO IT

Look Forward To It.

 

I saw at the balcony, holding my jaw and brooding over the past. Every first of october brings hurtful memories of my past and fills me with mixed feelings of regret, depression, pity, fury, and resentment, for that was the day i got married fine years ago - what is now a failed marriage. Then, i was young, naive and, i rushed into marriage because i thought i had what it takes to make a relationship work. I'm educated, intelligent, smart and cute. "What else would a man want in a woman? " i constantly said to myself. But, i was wrong. These are no prerequisite for a successful marriage. My wedding was elaborate and expensive because that was what i wanted, but the fanfare lasted only two weeks. The relationship went sour immediately, and eventually failed seven months later. It barely lasted a year. In retrospect, Most of my actions were wrong.
It all started when my husband complained about my cooking and inability to keep the home tidy every time, comparing me to His mother and siblings. I detested that. In retaliation, i attacked his personality, mocking him for stammering when he talks and for his little education. I told him arrogantly that he was lucky to have married a woman like me, because i wasnt his intellectual equal. "I married you because of your wealth, nothing more", i always told him. In my pride, i shuffle him out gave him the silent treatment and ignored him even when he tried to get my attention. I was sarcastic, intolerant, and saucy. We lived this way for about four months until i suspected he was cheating on me. That of course added fuel to the fire. I confronted him about his infidelity, but he denied it. We had a big fight over the issue, and he told me to let the matter lie. But i wouldn't. I was determined to get to the root of the matter, so i located the house if the woman i suspected he was having an affiar with, and quarrelled with her. That infuriated him, and for the first time in our marriage, he raised his hand against me. I lost my pregnancy because of the beating. I was mad at home because i actually thought the baby would full the void in my life. As soon as i got out of the hospital, i got him arrested for assault and battery. The case went to the court and he was fined heavily. He would have been imprisoned, but the judge was linient with him because he wanted him to be around me while i recruperated. Well, to make the long story short, few weeks later, he served me with divorce papers and before i knew it, our marriage was dussolved. I'm full if regrets. If i could set back the clock, i will do things differently. But its no use crying over spilled milk. Today, i watch young women get so excited about getting married, and the question i asked myself is "what do they really look forward to in marriage? Well, the balcony is in thier court.
Hmmmn  there's a great deal to look forward to in marriage : the warmth of love and intimacy, the beauty of friendship and companionship, and the awesomness of procreation. Marriage isnt all merry making, you need to work at it for it to be blissful. If you dont want to regret, never rush into marriage. Let God alone lead you, not merely emotions.... People spend years in college and university to prepare themselves for a vocation or career but dont see marriage as a big deal. Yet, marriage is for life and its a big deal. Marriage is a life time of commitment of sharing your life with another person from different background and outlook about life...
Whats your emotional life like? How many books on marriage have you read? How many messages have you listened to? Can you manage a home? How much have you invested in your character? Do you communicate effectively? Are you sociable? Do you have a gainful employment? Think about these...

No comments: